Saturday, June 12, 2010

Antique shops - Surabaya St



First months I stay in Jakarta I could feel somehow Old Antique ambience is everywhere. From Eat&Eat Food Market in Kelapa Gading mall to Paser Baroe. It seems the Betawis has learnt to go back to their root - which excite me. So, to celebrate Jakarta's Anniversary and going back to old times we went to see some antiques at Jalan Surabaya.

You have to browse all the shops - that's the only way for you common people (me including) to know which are the real antiques. Most of the stuff there are quite new and they just made them in rustic or vintage effect, but I still can say that they look really cool.

I didn't buy anything there (il est trop cher pour moi! oui oui..) except just a used CD of Joni Mitchell. And now I feel totally want to sing I Wish I Was a Punk Rocker (With Flowers in My Hair).
Now let me sneak back in to my sephia world.

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog! Yours is great! Jl Surabaya is one of my favourite places in Jak, so much cool stuff!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails