Monday, May 23, 2011

33B33/2 - bake at least 1 cake

First of all, I need to tell you that I never made any cake or cookies or anything that involve beating, mixing and baking. So this is my first attempt to bake - as a housewife, I know it's not a real CAKE but it should do for now. I always wanted to make this type of cookies, especially the chocolate chip cookies!

Anyway, I borrowed all the tools from my in laws -make me think maybe this is the perfect timing to have my own stuff. Done these cookies in less than one hour. And this is how they look like, quite pale and mushy but they taste crunchy and yummy.. not bad for first attempt, right?

This is a one star recipe, means even kiddies can do this. Here you go, recipe for cornflakes cookies - got it from taste.com.au

Preparation time
10 minutes

Cooking time
20 minutes

Ingredients (serve 20)
  • 125g butter
  • 140g (2/3 cup firmly packed) brown sugar - I couldn't find any so I used white sugar, I feel the cookies is a bit too sweet, maybe need to reduce the sugar a bit - or maybe because the sultanas adding the sweetness also.
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 2 eggs, at room temperature
  • 275g (1 3/4 cups) self-raising flour
  • 170g (1 cup) sultanas 
  • 80g (1 1/2 cups) cornflakes, lightly crushed

Method
    1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Use an electric beater to beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until pale and creamy.
    2. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until combined. Fold in flour and sultanas until combined.
    3. Place the cornflakes on a plate. Use your hands to roll tablespoonfuls of the cookie mixture into balls, then roll in cornflakes to coat. Place the balls, about 3cm apart to allow room for spreading, on prepared trays.
    4. Bake in preheated oven, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 18-20 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven. Set aside on the trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. - mine looks quite pale, is it because I used white sugar? or is it because the oven not work properly?
    My own notes: I pray that one day I could make cookies as good as Subway's cookies. Amen...  cup

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails