Friday, July 08, 2011

33B33/9 - be vegetarian for a month


Alright, the next challenge was a bit easy because once you live with a big-timer vegetarian, you will automatically dragged in to the same bowl.  My mom even once cooked my favourite meal - Kulat/Pelawan Mushroom exclusively only grown in my parent's hometown in Bangka - without any trace of meat at all and packed that specially for me.

As I mentioned before we don't keep any meat at all in the fridge - except for those fake meat stuff.  I survived these first 2 months marriage with rice, noodles, vermicelli, pasta, veggie and cereal. Lots of eggs and milk (Naturally I can't live with that).

My cooking usually just combination between stir fried and a little bit soup. My signature dishes are Indonesian noodle soup with "chicken" and mushroom and Eggplant in lemon grass. but I learn lots of other cooking from my housemaid and mama chai.  What? Pempek sagu?? I still have a big issue with that.. I guess I'm not good with my hand making those tapioka bags and pouring egg in it.

So, what was the side effect? The obvious one was I lost about half of my brake outs on my face but in the same time I caught a flu in the second week.  Not that I want to loose any weight, but in case if anyone curious... Did I lost any weight? Apparently nop, since I eat more carbo  to replace meat; and my snacking habit didn't help a lot either.
I decided to keep on this "diet", but you know, I wouldn't say no to fish..    cup

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails