Friday, May 27, 2011

33B33/16 - host a dinner

We had a little guest tonight. A young lady who live next door to my in law. Her name is Tina, a really chatty 10 YO girl. Her family own a grocery store where I usually get some eggs or small stuff from. Today she had a school day off and her dance class was reschedule to tomorrow. She's been hanging out with me the whole day, from attending the cooking class with Sico at Hotel Royal, helping me out washing and cleaning some vegies, sharing mango smoothies (which she loves) and she gave me a little tour to a local supermarket not far from her house.

Here are some photos from the cooking class this morning.


It was actually just a promo/commercial session. Not actually interested, but I had my eye on the noodle machine! I imagine it would be quite handy to make fresh pasta... and the good news is, my MIL already have it.

Just before Mr.Chai and I head off home, Tina came in to the store and said she had her parents permission to play at our house. Mr.Chai was quickly nod his head because he thinks Draco needs to be introduced to 'small people' as early as possible, so he will be more family friendly.  Suddenly I have to host a dinner LOL.
Tina is a really smart little chef. She shared a yummy sauce recipe that could go with any fruit salad.

Sweet Sugary Sauce for Fruit Salad ala Tina

Ingredients
- 3 tbs white sugar
- salty soya sauce
    Method
    Mix both sugar and small amount soya sauce together in a small bowl. The mix should not be wet, if it is wet means you put too much soya sauce there. But Tina said you could put it the fridge and leave it for a minute, then there.. you'll have some watery sugar mix.

    Here she is, helping me cut and stir fried the vegies. Cute, right?! We had Indonesian fried rice and stir fried broccoli with vegetarian oyster sauce.  I promised her to make cookies together next time.  cup

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails